Rosemary And Goat Cheese Mac N' Cheese
Serving Size: 8
If you want to impress your family and friends, you can make this as a main entree or as a side dish. It would also make an elegant addition to a buffet selection during the upcoming holidays.
- 1 14.5 oz. box multigrain macaroni
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3.5 Ounce crumbled goat cheese (I used Alouette)
- 8 Ounce cream cheese
- 1.5 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp butter
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente; then drain and place back in the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until the roux has broken up and there are no lumps.
- Next, add the cream cheese, goat cheese and rosemary. Keep whisking until the cheese has completely melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Add the sauce to the cooked macaroni and mix well; then place in an oven safe baking dish (8"x8").
- Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl; then melt the remaining 2 tbsp. butter (either in the microwave or a small pan). Add the butter to the breadcrumbs, mix together and sprinkle on top of the macaroni.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly brown and the macaroni is bubbly.
Read more from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.