Roasted Veggie Potato Salad
We all loved this salad and how different it was from other potato salads we’ve had. The dressing is delicious with apple cider vinegar, two kinds of Dijon mustard (the whole-grain Dijon makes it!), and a little honey to balance it.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Pound red skin potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 tsp black pepper, divided
- 0.75 tsp salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (from about 2 ears of corn)
- 0.25 cup minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss together the bell pepper, corn, onion, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; spread on a large baking sheet and roast until the veggies are tender and just starting to caramelize, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, mustards, and honey in a large bowl; set aside. Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan and cover with cold water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and immediately toss in the dressing, then gently toss in the roasted veggies and chives (the potatoes will absorb the dressing and become incredibly flavorful if you make the salad ahead of time; if you make it ahead, keep it in the fridge).
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired; serve hot, cold, or room temperature.
Read more from An Edible Mosaic.