Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup
- 1 Can (about 28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, reserving juice
- 2 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 2 stalk celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 0.5 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oven to 425°F. Place the tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large roasting pan. Drizzle the oil over the vegetables and toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes.
Place the vegetables into a 3-quart saucepan. Stir in the reserved tomato juice, broth, celery and barley and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 35 minutes or until the barley is tender. Stir in the parsley.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with multi-grain flatbread crackers and Cheddar cheese. For dessert serve peach and blueberry crumble.