Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Beans
An unexpected combination that totally works. Soft tortillas are filled with hearty roasted sweet potatoes, corn, and creamy black beans with honey and lime for a touch of brightness. Sliced avocado adds lovely color and creaminess to these unique tacos.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 0.5 Ounce cilantro
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- 1 Can black beans
- 1 ear corn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dice the sweet potato, finely chop the onion, cut the corn off the cob, chop cilantro stems and leaves. Finally, drain and rinse the beans.
- On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, beans and corn. Cook for 3 minutes, until corn is cooked through.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, toss them into the pan with the beans with the honey and half the juice of the lime.
- Finish: Peel and pit the avocado. Cut into wedges. Heat the tortillas in the oven for a couple seconds until malleable and warmed. Serve with the sweet potato and bean filling, Combine the remaining lime juice with the sour cream and cilantro. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of avocado.