Roasted Sweet Peppers and Carrots with Orange and Hazelnuts
Fresh slices of citrus give a jolt of energy to roasted peppers and carrots while also complementing their natural sweetness. Goat cheese adds a satisfying creamy tang, but sherry vinegar is the real secret weapon here, bringing out the floral notes of the fruit.
- 2 small orange bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 medium carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1 clementine, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 0.25 cup fresh goat cheese
- 0.25 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle peppers and carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Arrange roasted carrots and peppers with the citrus on a platter. Top with crumbled goat cheese and hazelnuts. Whisk vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grilled Cheese Recipes for Grown-Ups
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen
Delicious Desserts in 15 Minutes or Less