Roasted Summer Squash and Tomato Rotini
Serving Size: 2
This colorful dish is like summer on a plate! Yellow squash, grape tomatoes, and red onion are roasted to enhance their flavors, then tossed with rotini, salty parmesan, and basil for some summery freshness.
- 1 yellow squash
- grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 Ounce rotini pasta
- 0.25 cup Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 Ounce basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Slice the onion into ½ inch slices. Cut the squash into ½-inch cubes. Crush the garlic with the side of your knife. Finally, tear the basil leaves.
- On a baking sheet, toss squash, onions, garlic, and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Add the rotini to the pot of water and cook for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Drain and return to the pot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once the vegetables are ready, add them to the pasta. Toss over medium heat with the basil and half the parmesan cheese.
- Finish: Serve the pasta with the remaining parmesan on top!