Roasted Squash and Beets in Tahini Sauce
- 1 Pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 0.25 tsp cracked black pepper
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2.5 Tbsp melted ghee or cold-pressed sesame oil
- 1 Pound golden beets, peeled and cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 Tbsp shelled, raw pistachios (omit for nut-free)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients, except for the pistachios. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Stir and rotate the pan halfway through.
- Stir in the pistachios and roast for 5 minutes more. Serve.
NOTES: The vegetables can be peeled and cut the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe originally appeared in Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker.