Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Goat Cheese
- 16 Ounce penne or rigatoni pasta
- parmesan cheese, shaved for serving
- 0.5 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 Ounce goat cheese
- black pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 16 Ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- As the water is boiling, add 4 Tablespoons of butter to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or just about to soften. Add red peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until heated through.
- Being careful, pour the red pepper mixture into a heat-safe food process or blender. Pulse until the mixture is pureed, there might be some chunks or texture to the peppers. Pour the puree into the skillet and add one Tablespoon of butter. Cook until butter is melted on medium heat. Add the vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Mix and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the goat cheese and mix until it's thoroughly combined.
- Drain pasta and pour into the skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley, mix until all of the pasta is coated with the red pepper puree. Serve with shaved Parmesan and additional parsley on top.
Slightly modified from The Pioneer Woman
Read more from The Little Kitchen.