Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
This vegan roasted red pepper and tomato soup tastes just like Campbell’s Tomato Soup. I made it extra thick so it could easily double as a tomato sauce. If you like your soups thinner, just add some stock or bone broth.
- 6 red bell peppers
- 12 roma tomatoes
- 4 heads of garlic
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Pour 1 cup of kosher salt into a baking dish, chop off heads of garlic and nestle into salt.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil over each head, and then add rosemary to dish, then cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for an hour and five minutes or until golden brown.
- Halve tomatoes and roast at 350 on greased baking sheet for an hour.
- Halve red bell peppers and scoop out seeds, then roast at 350 on greased baking sheet for an hour.
- Once garlic, red bell pepper, and tomatoes are roasted, take them out of the oven and let them cool enough to handle.
- Then gently peel skins off red bell peppers.
- Then blend in batches, red bell peppers, tomatoes, 2 large leaves of fresh basil and roasted garlic.
- Transfer to a large pot, and heat and mix for five minutes. Stir constantly or it will splatter.
- Garnish with some finely chopped basil and fresh ground pepper
For the full post, visit Healing and Eating.