Roasted Pumpkin and Cauliflower Pasta
Serving Size: 10
This hearty dish is gluten-free and vegan, plus it’s packed with nutritious vegetables showcasing beautiful autumnal tones.
- 1 small/medium sized baking pumpkin
- 1 medium sized cauliflower head
- 1 box of gluten-free pasta of your choice
- 8 Tbsp olive oil (adjust to taste)
- none (adjust to taste)
- sage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse pumpkin and cauliflower. Cut pumpkin in half, remove stem piece and inside seeds (set aside for future roasting). Cut into 1 inch piece squares. Prep cauliflower, creating small florets. Chop stems into small pieces.
- Place pumpkin onto a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix well with your hands, and let cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. While the pumpkin is roasting, cook your pasta. Add the box of pasta into salted boiling water, and cook as per package instructions, tasting until al-dente. Rinse the pasta under cold running water. Set aside.
- Turn oven to 375F. Place cauliflower florets onto a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix well with your hands, and let cook in the oven for 20-25, until softened and golden.
- In your sheet pan of cauliflower, add your roasted pumpkin and cooked pasta. Mix well, and finish with another drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkles of salt. Tear up some sage leaves for garnish if you’d like. Transfer to a large portable bowl for your potluck, cover it with saran wrap, put on a scarf and sweater, then head out the door! This is the perfect pumpkin potluck dish, since it tastes even better at room temperature, and will complement the mulled hot apple cider abound in this very special season.
For the full post, visit Butter Beans.