Roasted Potatoes With Parsley Pesto
The natural lemony, peppery flavor of the parsley complements the roasted potatoes, and the brilliant green color can't be ignored. If you are feeling Dr. Seuss inspired, you could add a tablespoon of the pesto to some scrambled eggs and really have a green brunch to be remembered. However you choose to incorporate these potatoes into your meal, the fresh taste will have everyone looking for just one more bite.
- 5 cup roasted potatoes
- 2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch kosher salt
- 0.33 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 0.33 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 (F). Wash and cube up your potatoes and spread them out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet, giving everything plenty of room. Roast in the oven for 25 - 35 minutes depending on how many potatoes you are doing and their size.
- While the potatoes are roasting, combine the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pinch of salt and cheese in the food processor. Blend until everything is chopped well, scraping down the sides a couple of times.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until you have a thick and smooth pesto. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown move them to a serving dish. Carefully toss the hot potatoes with several spoonfuls of the parsley pesto until they are green and well flavored. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Read more from Delectable Musings.