Roasted Mushrooms and Shallots with Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 8
- 2.5 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 0.33 cup chopped parsley
- 0.33 cup chopped mint
- small shallot, peeled
- 1.25 Pound mixed mushroom such as white, cremini and shiitake large cap quartered
- 1.5 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp roasted black sesame seed
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Spread the mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with the garlic sesame oil mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt. Roast the mushrooms for about 30 minutes, until tender and glazed.
- Meanwhile, on a second large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the shallots with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and roast for about 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and tender.
- Scrape the roasted mushrooms and shallots into a serving bowl. Add the mint, parsley, dill and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Serve hot or warm.