Roasted Green Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Tarts
These beautiful tarts are filled with creamy smoked cheddar cheese and roasted green tomatoes for an easy, delicious snack.
- 2 egg yolks
- 0.5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.75 Pound green tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp minced thyme
- 6 Ounce (1 cup) smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.25 cup crème fraîche
- 12 chilled puff pastry shells
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place puff pastry shells on sheet tray and pierce centers with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown. If the centers of the pastries rise, pierce shells a few more times to deflate. Decrease oven temperature to 350°.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, crème fraîche, cheddar, thyme, nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each of the shells, top with a few tomato quarters. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and tomatoes are lightly roasted and serve.
Recipe Credit: Sarah Bolla
Image Credit: Sarah Bolla