Roasted Garlic Cranberry Quinoa Kale Salad
Serving Size: 4
The tartness of the cranberries pairs so nicely with sweet maple syrup dressing. Plus, roasted garlic belongs on everything.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 0.25 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread cranberries and garlic flat over parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Roast garlic and cranberries together for 20 to 25 minutes or until cranberries are wrinkled. Let cool. Peel and chop garlic.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- 0.25 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, pecans, red pepper, onion, cranberries and garlic. Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette and toss.
- Let chill in the fridge before serving.
Note: The cranberries might be tart. Add more maple syrup to your liking.
For the full post, visit Drool-Worthy.