Roasted Fruit and Cheese Plate
Serving Size: 6
This reimagined cheese plate combines roasted figs, pears and quince with blue cheese and toasted hazelnuts.
- 0.33 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Bosc pears, halved lengthwise, cored and cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 large quince (1 pound), peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 8 figs, halved lengthwise
- 4 Ounce blue cheese, thinly sliced or crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a kitchen towel and rub off the skins. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the pears and quince with the sugar, butter, lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt and spread in an even layer. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned in spots; add the figs during the last 5 minutes. Transfer the fruit to a platter and let cool slightly.
- Scatter the cheese and hazelnuts over the fruit and serve.
MAKE AHEAD: The roasted fruit can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
Recipe Credit: Justin Chapple
Image Credit: Con Poulos