Roasted Delicata Squash with Quinoa Salad
- 2 delicata squash (about 1 pound each), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- 1 cup quinoa
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Ounce arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season the cavities with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the raisins and simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and honey with the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the quinoa along with the apple, shallot, garlic, mint and parsley and toss well. Add the arugula and toss gently.
- Set the squash halves on plates. Fill with the salad and serve.
Make ahead tip: The quinoa can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature and add the arugula just before serving.