Roasted Carrots With Caraway And Coriander
Serving Size: 4
This lovely dish combines a trio of ingredients from the same family: sweet roasted carrots, coriander and caraway.
- 1 tsp ground caraway
- 0.5 cup cilantro leaves
- 0.25 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 0.25 cup sprouted mung beans or sprouted lentils
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 14 thin baby carrots (1 pound), tops discarded and carrots scrubbed
- 0.5 cup serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 0.5 cup cold plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 0.5 cup cold buttermilk
- 0.5 tsp whole caraway seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small skillet, toast the ground caraway and coriander over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
- In another small skillet, toast the whole caraway seeds over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer the toasted seeds to a small bowl and stir in the buttermilk, yogurt, serrano chile and half of the honey mixture. Season with salt and refrigerate.
- Spread the carrots on a large baking sheet and season with salt. Toss with the remaining honey mixture and top with the butter. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and slightly charred on the bottom.
- Pour the buttermilk dressing onto a platter in a thin layer. Arrange the carrots on the dressing and top with the sprouted beans, sunflower seeds and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe Credit: Nicolaus Balla
Image Credit: Fredrika Stjärne