Roasted Butternut Squash with Topping
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 1 package of bacon, to taste (I used apple smoked)
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted in the oven
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- olive oil
- sea salt
1. Toss the squash with olive oil, maple syrup and salt in a bowl then and roast in the oven until golden and caramelized. As it is cooking, fry up the bacon and reserve the bacon grease.
2. Chop the bacon into little pieces and then mix it with the grease and add the pumpkin seeds.
3. When the squash is done mix all the ingredients and add salt to taste.