Roasted Brussels Sprout and Cashew Quinoa Salad
No additives. No preservatives. No yucky dressings or processed veggie oils. Just a little natural sweetness, a bit of healthy olive oil and a whole lotta veggie goodness loaded with fiber and a few spoonfuls of protein-packed quinoa topped off with my creamy raw cashews that add the perfect crunch and dose of healthy fat to keep you satisfied and not craving those holiday donuts at the office.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 12 medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, steam Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, Brussels sprouts, spinach, cilantro and cashews.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, maple syrup or honey, sea salt and pepper; pour over quinoa and toss to combine.
For the full post, visit The Healthy Apple.