Roasted Beet Salad
This recipe for a roasted beet salad will change your mind forever about beets. Now, un-wrinkle that turned up nose, and hear me out. I use to over look beets at the super market as you may do, because the options were pretty much the same red beets. Once I started shopping at the farmer’s markets that changed as I was suddenly introduced to a rainbow of beets, which also opened the door to many new recipes.
- 7 medium sized golden yellow beets
- 5 Ounce burrata cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- olive oil for cooking
- high-quality olive oil for dressing
- high-quality balsamic vinegar for dressing
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Scrub the beets using a vegetable brush to remove dirt. Leave the skins on.
- Place the beets on a large piece of foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil that you use for cooking. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Fold the foil to make into a package, sealing well. Place on a baking sheet.
- Slide into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 30 minutes or until you can handle the beets.
- Remove the skin, which should come off easily with your fingers or a small knife.
- Slice the beets into circles, and place on a serving platter.
- Tear the burrata into pieces and place over the beets.
- Drizzle the high quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top. Use as much as you like for your tastebuds.
- Sprinkle with the thyme and some black pepper.
Read more from Chez Us.