Roasted Baby Turnips with Parsley-Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 8
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsely
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 baby turnips (2 pound), stems trimmed to 2 inches
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard, scallion, parsley and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Heat a rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Cut the turnips in half through the stems; quarter them if large. In a large bowl, toss the turnips with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the turnips on the preheated baking sheet and roast for about 18 minutes, until tender. Transfer the turnips to a platter and let cool. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Recipe Credit: Matt Neal
Image Credit: John Kernick