Roasted Asparagus with Lemony Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 6
- 2 Pound asparagus
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup panko bread crumb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 anchovy fillet in oil, drained and chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.33 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, simmer the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil with the anchovies over moderate heat, stirring, until the anchovies dissolve. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter. Drizzle with lemon juice, top with the panko and serve.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Johnny Miller