Roast Chicken with Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds total), preferably garnet or jewel, scrubbed and each cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
- 0.5 head cauliflower (about 1 pound), broken into 3-inch floret
- 2 Ounce pancetta, cut into a 1/4-inch dice (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.5 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Let chicken stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pat dry, then rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss together sweet potatoes, cauliflower, pancetta, rosemary, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread around chicken (they won’t be in a single layer). Roast 25 minutes; remove from oven.
- Turn vegetables and add capers. Return to oven and roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken thigh (without touching bone) registers 165 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes more. Let chicken rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with pan juices and return to oven, if additional browning is desired, 5 minutes. Serve chicken with vegetables.
10 New Ways to Use Leftover Bacon Grease
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Beyond Delicious No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Everyone
You've Never Seen Avocado Toast Like This
Image Credit: Jonathan Lovekin