Rice & Lentil Pilaf
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrot, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalk celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp medium Italian plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Stir the broth, lentils and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice and lentils are tender. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley.