Reinvented Russian Dressing
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves
- 0.75 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp ancho chile powder
- 3 cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced red oinion
- 2 tsp minced tarragon
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand until softened, 20 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
2. In a food processor, puree the yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes and the reserved soaking liquid with the oil, vinegar and ancho chile powder. Scrape the dressing into a bowl. Stir in the cornichons, onion and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.