Red Cabbage Salad with Crispy Spring Onions and Potato Sticks
For the salad
- 5 cup shredded purple cabbage
- a few tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, cut into thin strips
- 1 potato, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and carrots. Rinse the potato sticks in cold water to remove some of the starch and use a kitchen towel to dry them really well. Do the same with the scallion. In a shallow pan, fry the scallions and potatoes in oil until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
For the dressing
- pinch of ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 0.25 tsp garlic power
- 1.5 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 0.5 tsp sesame oil
- 0.5 Tbsp honey
- pinch of five spice powder
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and toss with the cabbage and carrots. Put the salad in a bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, and the fried potatoes and scallions. Serve!
For the full post, visit The Woks of Life.