Raw Asparagus Salad with Tomatoes and Hard-Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 4
The key to this simple salad is slicing the raw asparagus thinly, so it takes on the flavor of the lemony marinade.?
- 0.33 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Pound asparagus, woody ends discarded and stalks thinly sliced diagonally
- kosher salt
- 0.75 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 2-ounce can anchovy fillets, drained
- 0.33 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice with the scallions, anchovies and garlic ?and puree until nearly smooth. With the machine on, gradually add the olive oil until emulsified. Season the dressing with ?salt and pepper. Transfer one third of the dressing to a serving bowl and toss with the asparagus. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.?
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to ?a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water. Peel the eggs and pat dry, then quarter lengthwise and season with salt and pepper. ?
- Fold the tomatoes into the asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Arrange ?the eggs on top and serve, passing the remaining dressing at the table.
MAKE AHEAD: The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.?
Recipe Credit: Molly Chester
Image Credit: Con Poulos