Ravioli with Asparagus in Pink Cream Sauce
- 2 dozen large cheese ravioli
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 0.5 cup fat free half and half
- 1 tsp fresh ground red pepper
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese, as desired
- Trim approximately 1" off of the bottom of the asparagus, place in a double boiler and steam in a covered pot until the asparagus turns bright green in color; approximately 2-3 minutes from when water starts to boil. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Cooking times will vary depending on whether you are using fresh or frozen. Drain and place the ravioli back into the pot.
- While the ravioli is cooking, cut the asparagus into 2" pieces.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic and asparagus. Saute for 1-2 minutes; then add the marinara sauce, half and half and red pepper. Mix well and allow to simmer 5-10 minutes (I usually let it cook until the ravioli is completely done).
- Add the sauce to the ravioli and mix well. Garnish with cheese as desired.
For the full post, visit Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.