This hearty take on tabbouleh includes cooked vegetables along with the traditional bulgur, fresh tomatoes, scallions and parsley.
- 1 cup medium-grade bulgur (5 ounces)
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2.5 cup chopped leftover Ratatouille Spirals
- 0.5 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cup chopped or quartered tomatoes and cherry tomatoes
- Boiling water
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large heatproof bowl, cover the bulgur with 2 inches of boiling water and let stand until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and press out the excess water; let cool. Return the bulgur to the bowl and add the tomatoes, scallions, parsley and Ratatouille Spirals.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the tabbouleh and toss well.
Recipe Credit: Grace Parisi
Image Credit: Con Poulos