Raspberry Coffee Cake
I like this coffee cake because it has a moist and light texture… and it’s PINK!
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- 0.25 cup raspberry jam
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.75 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.25 cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
Slightly adapted from Cora Lynn Wilson (more vanilla, raspberry jam instead of seedless preserves) Serves: 9 square pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
- Dollop jam on top and then swirl through batter with a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice into squares and serve.
For the full post, visit Garnish & Glaze.