Raspberry and Fig Cake
- dry bread crumbs, for dusting
- 4 figs, cut into eighths or additional 1/2 pint raspberries
- 0.5 Pint raspberry
- juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- finely grated zest of 3 limes
- 3 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg
- 1.5 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and coat with bread crumbs. In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the granulated sugar and eggs at high speed until fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the butter and two-thirds of the zest. At low speed, alternately beat in the flour and lime juice until almost incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the batter until smooth.
2. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Gently press in the raspberries and figs. Bake the cake on the bottom third of the oven for 40 minutes. Transfer to the upper third of the oven and continue baking for 35 minutes longer, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
3. Transfer the cake to a rack to cool. Run a thin knife around the edge and release the springform. Dust the cake with confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle with the remaining lime zest, cut into wedges and serve.