Quinoa with Spice-Roasted Shrimp and Pistou
Serving Size: 4
- 0.5 Pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1.5 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1.5 tsp fresh thyme leaf
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 0.25 cup packed basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 0.25 tsp dried thyme
- 0.5 tsp fennel seeds, chopped
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2.25 cup water
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss the shrimp with the garlic and onion powders, paprika, oregano, fennel seeds, dried thyme, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper until coated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°. In a food processor, pulse the basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme leaves, garlic and cheese. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season lightly with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- On a baking sheet, roast the shrimp for about 8 minutes, until curled and pink. Cut the shrimp into thirds and add to the quinoa with the pistou. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve.