Quinoa Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
- 0.5 Pound sugar snap pea
- 1.5 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 0.25 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup salted roasted pumpkin seed
- 0.5 cup minced chives
1. In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, simmer the peas until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and spread out on a large plate to cool, then pat dry. Cut the peas on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until all of the water has evaporated and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff the quinoa, then transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl, combine the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the peas to the quinoa with the pumpkin seeds, chives and dressing; stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.