Quinoa with Pomegranate and Pistachios
A great side dish for Holiday dinners that is healthy and oh so delicious. My quinoa salad with pomegranate, roasted almonds and pistachios, cilantro and green onions. It's also great with feta cheese. The onions and cilantro fresh from the garden.
To dress the table I love to add a bowl of persimmons and baby roses in little mason jars. The colors are so vibrant and rich. Some watermelon radish with salt from the farmer's market add to the colorful palette and are yummy to snack on.
- 1 cup red, white or a mix of both quinoa (I like to soak the quinoa for better digestion)
- sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 cup pistachio
- 0.5 cup almond
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 0.5 cup chopped cilantro
- 0.5 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup pomegranate (seeded)
- 2.5 cup water
- olive oil (the better the brand the better the taste)
- Drain the soaked quinoa and boil it with two cups water. When all the water has boiled away, let it cool.
- Chop cilantro and mix with pomegranate, green onion.
- Saute almonds and pistachios in olive oil on the stove top.
- Mix all the ingredients and add lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.