Quick Beef Stroganoff
This easy version of beef stoganoff is best for using up the extra Coriander-Dusted Roast Beef and gravy.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 Ounce cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup reserved gravy from Coriander-Dusted Roast Beef or other gravy
- 0.25 cup sour cream
- 12 Ounce roast beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into strips or half of the Coriander-Dusted Roast Beef
- buttered noodles, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion, mushrooms and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, 8 minutes. Add the gravy and bring to a boil. Stir in the sour cream. Add the beef and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over buttered noodles.