Purple Potato and Spinach Salad with Walnuts
Serving Size: 4
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1.5 Tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp walnut halves
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 small purple potatoes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to degrees 375 degrees F.
- Pierce holes in potatoes using a fork. Roast sweet potatoes and purple potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam corn in a steamer basket until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes then cut potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, corn, spinach and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, zest, olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup or honey, sea salt and pepper; drizzle over potato mixture and serve warm or at room temperature.
For the full post, visit The Healthy Apple.