Punjabi Dal Tadka
Punjabi Dal Tadka Recipe is a very nutritious lentil dish that is very simple to prepare. Served with steamed rice, potato roast and carrot salad, it makes for a simple yet delicious meal for the entire family.
- Juice from one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup moong or masoor dal or both
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 slit green chilli or 2 dry red chillies
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- To start with, cook this dal along with turmeric powder, onions, tomatoes, ginger and salt along with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker or sauce pan till the dal becomes completely soft. See video recipe of how to cook lentils using pressure cooker.
- Next, heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add in the cumin seeds, red/green chillies into it and stir them around, until they are roasted well. When the cumin begins to crackle, pour in the cooked dal and stir it around. The consistency of the dal can be adjusted at this stage, by adding water if required. Check for salt required as well, and give the dal a brisk boil.
- When done, turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and garnish the dal with coriander leaves.
For the full post, visit Archana's Kitchen.