Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
These pancakes are a bit denser than usual pancakes thanks to the weight of the pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), but with a slight increase in cooking time you are left with a flavorful start to your day.
- 1.5 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.25 cup milk
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and whisk to evenly distribute ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg. Whisk to fully combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold just enough to wet dry ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter or cooking spray and then ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook each pancake for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the edges are browned.
- Serve pancakes with a pat of butter, chopped pecans, and warmed maple syrup.
For the full post, visit Today's Nest.