Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles
These jazzed-up, from a mix waffles would be perfect to whip up for any house guests you may have over the holidays. Easy for you, tasty for them.
- 2.5 cup buttermilk waffle mix (the just add water kind – I used Krusteez)
- 0.5 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat and grease your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the dry mix and spices. Add the water and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the pumpkin and molasses and stir until just combined. Mixture may be a bit lumpy.
- Following the directions for your waffle iron, scoop the recommended amount of batter into your iron and bake the waffles. I used a heaping ½ cup of batter for each waffle and took them out when the released easily and were a bit crispy, but not burnt.
- Serve waffles with any combination of the following: butter, maple syrup, whipped cream and a big cup of coffee.
Left over waffles can be refrigerated up to 1 day and reheated in the toaster.
Read more from Jelly Toast.