Pumpkin Cranberry Granola
Serving Size: 26
This granola makes for an easy snack on its own, a healthy breakfast with some Greek yogurt, or can even suffice as a light dessert when layered with Greek yogurt and spiced and sweetened, creamy pumpkin.
- 3 cup oats
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.67 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 cup coconut oil
- 0.5 cup quinoa + ½ tsp cinnamon + ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup soy nuts, organic
- 0.75 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven preheats, add dry quinoa to ungreased sauce pan, sprinkle with ½ tsp cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until quinoa begins to pop and evenly toast, stir frequently.
- In a large bowl, add oats, pecans, soy nuts, and toasted quinoa, toss with hands to mix well, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well until well combined. Pour coconut oil and pumpkin puree mix into large bowl with oat mixture, then stir or mix with hands until oat mixture is completely coat.
- Line large baking sheet with wax paper and spread granola mixture evenly to create a fairly smooth layer.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until granola is evenly browned. Remove tray every ten minutes and stir to ensure mixture cooks evenly and does not burn.
- Once the granola has baked to a toasted golden color, remove and let cool 2-3 minutes. Add baked granola to a large bowl, then stir in dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container up to 10 days - enjoy!
For the full post, visit Lemons and Basil.