Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Topping
The cream cheese topping on this pumpkin bread is blended with a touch of browned butter and almond extract, making it irresistible and nutty. The pumpkin bread is loaded down with my favorite fall spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 Ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 0.5 tsp pure almond extract
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- Brown the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir the pan continually for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the crackling, and foaming has subsided, the butter has browned, and has a nutty aroma. Watch it closely so that it doesn’t go from browned and nutty to burnt. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow the butter to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the remaining cream cheese frosting ingredients into the same bowl as the butter, and using a handheld electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
Pumpkin Spice Batter
- 0.25 tsp ginger
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.75 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 0.75 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 0.75 cup brown sigar, lightly packed
- 0.125 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F; lightly grease 3 mini loaf pans with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, then stir in the pumpkin, canola oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet, being careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the pumpkin batter between the 3 loaf pans, then pour the cheese batter on top.
- Bake until golden around the edges (about 35 to 40 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs. Cool 10 minutes in the pans, then remove from the pans and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Read more from Kitchen Belleicious.