This right here is my favorite dessert of all time. So good, that I asked my mom to make them for my 2nd grade class for my birthday in May, unaware that pumpkin products are generally restricted for another time of year- even more odd that I’d suggest a vegetable based dessert as the #1 choice out of EVERY treat in my sugar-addled kid brain.
These bars are adapted from the cookbook Applehood Motherpie and they are the most deliciously moist, fantastic cake bars with cream cheese frosting you will ever have. ever.
- 15 Ounce can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1.67 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda and beat until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Spread mixture evenly onto an ungreased pan. And based on the size, you can bake accordingly:
10 x 15 x 1 inch pan- bake for 20-25 minutes
9 x 13 x 2 inch or 10 x 13 x 2 inch pan- bake for 25-30 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup stick butter, softened
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add confectioners sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars. Cut into squares.
Read more from Ragamuffinrecipes.