Pumpkin Apple Mash
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 0.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 0.25 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pumpkin or calabaza squash (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 to 6 cups)osh apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium Macintosh apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion is tender-crisp.
Stir the broth, brown sugar, thyme, black pepper and pumpkin in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Stir the apples in the saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the apples are tender. Mash the pumpkin mixture, adding additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency.