Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Enjoyed out of the oven or at room temperature you can go ahead and make a large amount ahead of time (or prep and cook before serving) and you’re good to go.
- 1 small bunch asparagus, tough ends removed
- 3 Ounce prosciutto di parma
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 tsp water for egg wash
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a pairing knife, cut your prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Wrap the pieces of prosciutto around the asparagus.
- Place the thawed, but cold puff pastry on a light floured surface. If there are cracks in the pastry roll it out, so it is one cohesive piece.
- Cut the pastry in ½ inch strips and then those strips in half. Only cut for the amount of asparagus you need. 3oz of prosciutto produced 14 pieces for me.
- Stretch out the pastry slightly and wrap it in the opposite direction of the prosciutto on the asparagus. Pinch the ends together.
- Place the wrapped asparagus on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- If you have extra puff pastry. Refreeze for another use.
- You can exclude the prosciutto to make this vegetarian friendly.
For the full post, visit The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen.