No grilling session is complete without a classic side dish such as potato salad being served along side the main entree. Summer is officially kicking off this weekend, and we thought it was a good time to share our go-to potato salad recipe, as it is really a classic salad recipe.
- 2 Pound red potato, skin left on, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1 green garlic, finely minced
- 0.33 cup small spring onion or red onion, finely minced
- 0.5 cup dill or sweet pickle relish
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. When you poke a fork into the potato it should be slightly firm but cooked. Not to the stage of mashed.
- Drain the potatoes, immediately cover with cold water to stop cooking. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the mayo, mustard, celery, green garlic, onion and relish. Stir to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into medium sized pieces, and dice the eggs. Place into a large serving bowl.
- Toss lightly with the dressing. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Read more at Chez Us.