Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs and Lemon
Heart-healthy olive oil replaces mayo in this bright-tasting spud salad.
- 0.75 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 0.25 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 0.25 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 0.25 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2.25 Pound small red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled
- Whisk oil, lemon juice and lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Place 1/2 cup dressing in large bowl. Mix in green pepper, onion, cilantro, basil and mint.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain; cool 15 minutes. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Add potatoes to bowl with dressing and toss to blend. Let stand 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more dressing, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of: Bon Appetit
Image Credit: Leo Gong