Potato-Green Bean Salad
This creamy potato salad contains crisp green beans and a lovely tarragon-shallot vinaigrette.
- 0.5 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 0.25 cup chopped tarragon
- 0.5 Pound haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 3 baking potatoes, (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, mustard, shallot and tarragon. In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the beans for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to cool; drain and pat dry. Halve the beans and add to the vinaigrette.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, then add to the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, toss and serve.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes