Potato Chip Au Gratin
- 6 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cup cheddar flavored potato chip, crushed (I used Lays)
- 1 Can cheddar soup (I used Campbell's)
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
You will need: a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick spray
- Peel & slice your potatoes, set aside.
- In a med. sauce pan, melt the butter and cook the onion until tender. Stir in the soup & milk, season with s&p.
- When that’s combined mix in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup) until it’s melted and combined. Set aside.
- Smear a spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish and add layers of the thinly sliced potatoes. In between the potato layers add some of the cheese sauce.
- Top the casserole with the remaining sauce and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees uncovered.
- While it’s baking crush up the chips.
- Mix the crushed chips with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chip & cheese mixture evenly over the potatoes and continue baking for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s golden and bubbly.
Read more from Oh, Bite It!