Pork Tenderloin with Honey Butter Sear & Orange-Date Relish
This recipe is EASY and so delicious. Dates, oranges and basil make magic together, especially when piled over a thick, juicy, smoky grilled pork tenderloin. YUM.
For the relish:
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup pitted date, chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- To prepare the relish, mix all relish ingredients in a bowl and chill until ready to serve. This can be done up to 4 hours in advance.
For the pork tenderloin:
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Pound pork tenderloins
- 0.5 tsp coriander
- Preheat grill to 400-450F. (Or preheat oven to 425F).
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Season pork by rubbing honey, salt, pepper and coriander over it. Add pork to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until all sides are slightly browned.
- Grill (or roast) over indirect heat for 40 minutes or until pork is cooked through, turning half way. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes, then slice.
- Top with relish and serve.
For the full post, visit Drool-Worthy.