Pork and Eggplant Stir-Fry
This one-skillet dish cleverly uses quick-cooking ground pork as a shortcut.
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 2 baby eggplants (3/4 pound), preferably white, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 0.25 Pound baby pattypan squash, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 0.75 Pound ground pork
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the eggplants and squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the pork and garlic and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the pork is browned and cooked through, 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Jonathan Lovekin